Monday, October 21, 2013

The Slack Jaw Voice Over - Episode 6 - Voices.com

UPDATE BELOW

Hello all!

Sorry for the late upload.  It's been a crazy week and a half.  I talk a little about it in the episode but the long and the short of it is I have started to work (mostly) full time on my voice over work.  This basically means I'm auditioning as much as I can.  And with the transition from a basic "9-5" job to one that is from home has taken some more adjusting than I thought.

Anyway, in todays episode we start to talk about the various different voice over marketplaces that exist out there.  These reviews obviously aren't exhaustive, and I do recommend you do your own research, but it's a place to start.

Today we talk about Voices.com.  This is the service that I am most familiar with as I am a paying member.  The episode has more details as to the "ins and outs" of the program.

As always, drop me a line or follow me on Twitter @theslackjaw.  You can access the episode via iTunes, any podcast catcher app like Pocket Casts OR you can download it directly by clicking here.  Thanks for stopping by!

Take Care!

UPDATE 11/5/13: In this review I spoke a lot about the "like" feature on that system.  I had made the assumption, due to the pattern I saw, that clients would use the like function to shortlist the talents and then select the one they wanted.  I went further and assumed all clients did this.  This is not true.  Apparently only about half to a third of Voices.com clients use the like function in that way.  I had just had all the clients who gave me jobs to fall into that group.  So I assumed they all did.  Since that time I have spoken with other voice over talents in addition to being awarded some jobs without being "liked" first.  I just wanted you to be aware so you didn't get worried if you weren't being liked.  (Like I was.)

No comments:

Post a Comment